Sunday, May 9, 2010

its not all fun and games...

Despite the mania surrounding my family in our quest to find some normalcy and balance for the kiddo and the ups and downs that go with it, I managed to finally get on the bike this evening and do 14 miles. I have to be able to maintain some sort of calm and balance within myself in order to effectively care for him.

Austin is going through some hard times right now... these times are hard on my family, extended family, and beyond. Once we get him in to see Dr. Lowrimore and the bad nine years of habits from Dr. Jacobson out of him, I will finally hope to see some light in this dark period that has plagued his behaviors. Saturday night was a really bad night, one that wasn't experienced in nearly a year and a half... I'm going to start charting his episodes of mania... honing in on the triggers. Thankfully, we got the results back from the treatment team at Children's Medical Center. He does not have Wilson's Disease as suspected... he does however have elevated liver enzymes and fatty accumulation because of the Abilify. His medications are out of whack and have created an imbalance within his system... getting him an autism specific psychiatrist (although it's more costly) is the first step in getting him back. The second will be firing his current psychiatrist whom I believe is slowly killing my kid without knowing his true needs. A good friend of mine has a coworker who went through similar experiences with her kid... I have faith, but it's going to be a long ride. We will get through this, God protects us and gives us what he sees that we need in our lives. I believe that.


No comments:

Post a Comment