Saturday, April 10, 2010

The Doctor Says...

So, I have struggled with PCOS and cervical/ovarian issues most of my adult life...having had multiple surgeries, a few D&C's, ovarian cyst removal and whatnot along the way...one minute I am the fittest that I can be, the next, my weight has fluctuated again and the battle looms as I fight PCOS. It sucks!
So, a few weeks ago I was in to see the doctor for my complete physical... and of course he chews and chews on my rear because in keeping PCOS in check - my weight has spiraled out of control again - and I've put on 30 pounds on my petite frame in two years...however, my ultimate goal is to lose 60....do the minimum for the doctor, but do the maximum for myself!

So, no better time than like the present... in keeping with what the doctor has ordered - lose the 30 pounds because I am putting my health in jeopardy if I don't... and because I am going on a cruise with the hubs and friends for Thanksgiving 2010 - I will be blogging my way to a fitter self. No way in keeping myself accountable than just putting it out there.

So, the distance from Dallas to Puerto Rico (where we catch the Carnival Victory) is 2140 miles. I created myself a ticker... every mile I jog or bike, will be logged in my ticker... and I have included last week's miles to get me started. I am also going to update a separate ticker for every pound I lose in this process...

Here goes nothing!



No comments:

Post a Comment